Create a Google App Password for your Unroll.Me account
App Passwords can be automatically generated for your Gmail account by the Unroll.Me app on iOS and Android. On web, however, the process can only be done manually. The below video will demonstrate how to successfully sign up for Unroll.Me with your Gmail account. Additionally, you can follow the step-by-step instructions provided in this article.
- Click "Sign in with Google" on Unroll.Me website.
- Enter your Gmail email address in the space provided and click "Continue".
- Click "Upgrade Manually".
- Click "Enable 2-Step".
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Follow Google's on-screen instructions to enable 2-step verification.
- NOTE: If you already have 2-step verification enabled, go back to Unroll.Me and click on Step 2: Create App Password.
- Go back to Unroll.Me and Click "Create App Password".
- Sign in to your Gmail account again.
- Under "Select App" choose "Other (custom name)".
- Enter "Unroll.Me" in the space provided and click "Generate".
- Copy the app password and go back to Unroll.Me.
- Click "Continue".
- Paste the app password in the space provided and click "Continue".
That's it, you're done!
NOTE: If you receive the error message: "We were unable to login with the password provided. Ensure it is the 16-digit application password generated by Google and try again", please check that IMAP access status is "Enabled" in Google Settings.
You can do that by logging into Gmail https://gmail.google.com/inbox and executing the following steps:
On the top right, click Settings -> See all settings.
Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
In the "IMAP access" section, select Enable IMAP (if the status is already Enabled, please first "Disable" it and Save changes, then "Enable IMAP" again).
Click Save Changes.
After that please try to sign up/re-authenticate your account again.
NOTE: Some Gmail accounts through work, school, or other organizations are unable to create an App Password or set up 2-Step Verification. To read more about this, click here.