Here's a quick rundown:
- Unroll.Me unsubscribes you by following a sender's unsubscribe instructions 24 hours after you've unsubscribed.
- As a backup, we automatically trash all future emails you'll receive from that sender. This is to ensure that if the unsubscribe request fails for some reason, you'll still never receive an email from that sender.
How exactly do you unsubscribe me?
Each sender has a different set of instructions on properly unsubscribing. Here are a couple of ways Unroll.Me unsubscribes you from a subscription:
- By sending an unsubscribe request to a sender's unsubscribe email address from your email address.
- By finding and clicking on the proper 'unsubscribe' link in the email.
Here's an example:
- You unsubscribe from email@example.com using Unroll.me.
- We begin to automatically trash all future emails received from firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
- 24 hours after you've unsubscribed, Unroll.Me sends an email to email@example.com's unsubscribe address from your email address (and/or clicks on the unsubscribe link in the email) requesting that they unsubscribe you.
- firstname.lastname@example.org will then go ahead and try to unsubscribe you.
- If step 4 fails, there's always step 2 in place to ensure that you never receive an email from email@example.com again.
How long does it take to be unsubscribed?
Unsubscribe takes effect immediately, as we always auto-trash emails from an unsubscribed sender as a precaution.
Unroll.Me doesn't send unsubscribe requests immediately, though. We give you a 24 hour window just in case you change your mind about unsubscribing from a subscription. Once 24 hours passes, we'll follow a sender's unsubscribe instructions to attempt to unsubscribe you.